Friday, January 31, 2014

Blood strips, glucose meters, oh my!

To start this blog off, I'm gonna start with a simple decision , you first make when your diabetic. It is called a glocouse meter. Over the years, I had  3 of meters, 4, when i was on the insulin pump .A couple to name are, and I will tell you how they work 

-One Touch Ultra
- Precision Xtra
- Freestyle Lite
- Omnipod






One Touch Ultra
- This is a meter, that is very good quality , but if it is not in the case it does not work well. Overall, I did not like the meter. The strips are expensive. The meter does come in colors, and overall, is good for a first meter. I had this meter for about 2 years.
To get this meter visit; www.onetouch.com

Freestyle Lite
- This meter came with my insulin pump , overall, is is about the size of your palm. It is very small, so people who cannot read , could not read it. It was really slow. I would not reccomend it. The only good thing about this meter, is if you are the Omnipod, a wireless insulin pump, you may use the same test strips.
 To get this meter visit ; www.myfreestyle.com


Omnipod
-  This was the pump device or the PDM. It was a good meter when I was on the pump.  It would help me calculate my insulin. The only bad thing was the Omnipod was always off a couple of numbers. It does have a food library , which was good. It only comes in blue, but you can get color cases.

To get this pump/meter ; www.myomnipod.com

Precision Xtra
-  This was my favorite meter of the past . It would almost everytime show the right number. What I like about it, You can check keytones, which is sugar in your blood, but these strips were so expensive. It would take a long time to count down though to see your number.

To get this meter visit; http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Blood-Glucose-Monitoring-System/dp/B000N64MZA



So, now we get to my current meter!

The One Touch Verio IQ


What I like about it? ; Simple. , looks like an iPod , you can tag it to use it for before you eat or after you eat, you charge it every two weeks.

Why I chose it?; Simple! It looks like an IPOD!


This was my bloodsugar today! As you can see it was a little high from my normal range. But the numbers are clear to see!
As you see at the top the test strips are gold with a line for the blood.



You can get this meter at : http://www.onetouch.com/verio



You can also ask your doctors or insurance about getting one of the meters!




1 comment:

  1. Thank You for sharing this blog, it is very informative and useful,
    Dr. Morepen Glucometer comes from the store house of Dr. Morepen that ensures you high level of efficiency. It is one of the fastest meters in the market, minimizing the time that people with diabetes need to spend on blood glucose testing to get accurate results.

    ReplyDelete